Some of the photographs and drawings of fungi on this site refer to particular fungi books which have been of assistance in identifying certain species. Below is a list of some of the books used to identify the fungi on this site.
- A field companion to Australian fungi Bruce Fuhrer- About the best pictorial guide there is to Australian fungi.
- Common Australian Fungi: A Bushwalker's Guide (Bush Books Series) Tony Young
- Australian Fungi: notes and descriptions John Cleland
- Handbook of Australian fungi, MC Cooke
- Fungi of Southern Australia Neale Bougher, Katrina Syme- A beautifully illustrated and detailed book.
- Fungi of Australia: Hygrophoraceae Tony Young
- Mushrooms and Toadstools of Australia C. J. Shepherd, C. J. Totterdell
- Fungi of south-eastern Australia: A field guide Ross Macdonald
- Rainforest Fungi B. Fuhrer, R. Robinson
- National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms (National Audubon Society Field Guides)
- Mushrooms Demystified David Arora - a door-stop thick book well worth getting.
- North American Mushrooms: A Field Guide to Edible and Inedible Fungi (Falconguide)
- How to Identify Mushrooms to Genus I: Macroscopic Features - David Largent.
- The Great Encyclopedia of Mushrooms